Monday, April 12, 2010

Billie B Brown Launch































Here are a couple of photos from Saturday's Billie B Brown launch. Andy did a wonderful job launching the series and Borders were great hosts. Some of the kids dressed up - the theme was the letter 'B' so of course I am dressed as Billie. (I'm not normally known for galavanting about in pigtails and a tutu!) It was lots of fun and it was wonderful to see so many friends, relatives and Hardie Grant people at the launch, many of them with kids in tow. Obviously, we missed Aki, the illustrator, but as she lives in New Zealand it was a little far for her to come just for the weekend!
There are two more Billie books on the way and I'll be posting a sneak peek soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sally! The photos are fantastic! You are looking very much like Billie :)
    Oh I wish I was there! Hopefully I will be there at the next Billie event!!
    Thank you for this blog- made me so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were there in spirit!
    Yes, I was thinking as I put pig-tails in my hair and pulled on my tutu that it probably wasn't a great look for a forty year old, but it was all for a good cause. :)
    Yes, hopefully we can do an event together one day.

    ReplyDelete