Monday, May 13, 2013

Sydney bound

Next week I will be at the Sydney Writers Festival as a part of the Schools Program and then running a workshop on Writing For Children on the 25th. At the festival I will be mainly talking to upper primary children, but for any Billie B Brown and Hey Jack! fans, I will be touring schools and bookstores the following week.

Here is a list of public events if you want to come and say hi or have your book signed:

Monday 27th May:
The Children's Bookshop
6 Hannah Street
Beecroft.
4.30 - 5.30pm

Tuesday 28th May:
Shearers Bookstore
Shop F6, Market Place
122-138 Flood Street
Leichhardt.
4pm - 5pm

Wednesday 29th May:
Better Read Than Dead
265 King Street
Newtown.
4.30 - 5.30pm

Saturday 1st June:
Kinokuniya Books (Costume Party!)
The Galleries, Level 2
500 George Street.
12.30 - 1.30pm

Bloomin Books
1/153 Denman Avenue,
Caringbah.
2.30 - 3.30pm.

Okay I am excited enough about going to Sydney for two weeks but guess what? Molly Ringwald is a guest of the SWF! I will have to hope I don't run into her in the lift or I may just faint. The Breakfast Club is still one of my all-time favourite teen flicks.






               

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Sally,
    I hope I could meet you somewhere! Have a wonderful time in Sydney!!!
    Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sadami, it would be great to meet you!
      Sally

      Delete
  2. Ooh shame I missed seeing you in Sydney :( my son is a HUGE Hey Jack fan & my 6yo daughter has just started on the Billie B Brown books.

    I hope you had a lovely time in Sydney :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's really a shame! So glad to hear your children are enjoying my books though. I did enjoy my Sydney stay very much.
      Best wishes,
      Sally

      Delete